After many failed pumpkin muffin attempts I finally realized the problem… I just don’t really love pumpkin. My desire for a delicious muffin did not however, go away. I find breakfast to be a real challenge lately as I am getting bored of the same old smoothie/oatmeal/toast situation. I wanted a muffin that truly felt breakfast-y. No chocolate, not too sweet, maybe a little healthier tasting, and packed with fruit. I love having a muffin breakfast bowl filled with yogurt, ground flax seeds, fresh fruit, and a chopped up muffin. Delicious! Doesn’t get easier with 1 bowl, and did I mention no added oil? Enjoy!
1-Bowl Banana Blueberry Muffins
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed approx 1 cup
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a muffin tray with liners.
- In a large bowl, add each ingredient one by one, whisking well in between each. Fold in blueberries.
- Scoop approx 1/4 cup of batter into each muffin liner or until 3/4 of the way filled. Feel free to top with more blueberries!
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool, then store in an airtight container for up to one week. Freezer-friendly as well!