I can’t believe wedding week is finally here! I promise that after the big day/honeymoon, I’ll be baking more! Although my ingredients are always wholesome, it is important to remember that although a brownie is made with avocado and maple syrup it is STILL a brownie and should be treated as such. A healthy treat is called a treat for a reason and should always be eaten in moderation (if you can control yourself!). In my attempt cut back on the baked goods and bread, I concocted this sweet breakfast scramble to satisfy my sweet tooth without it loading up on carbs. This breakfast comes together so quickly and it is PACKED with protein to keep you full for hours. Lots of you saw it on snapchat and sent me your versions! So, I figured I should share it here.
Zach and I get married on Saturday, ah! Then we set off to Italy and Greece for our honeymoon. Be sure to check my Instagram stories or snapchat for some insider pictures of the special day and all the delicious food we eat in Europe. I am preparing another recipe to share next week, then I am going to take a little social media/blog break. I’ll be there but much less often. Can’t wait to tell you all about it upon my arrival. Have an amazing few weeks everyone! Stay tuned for some delicious recipes…
• 1/2 tsp coconut oil
• 2/3 cup egg whites
• 3 tbsp gluten free oats
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tbsp nut butter of choice
• 1 tbsp maple flakes (or maple syrup)
• sliced fresh fruit (bananas and fresh figs work really well!)
1. Heat coconut oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add your egg whites, sprinkle with oats and begin to fold. When they are half cooked, add your cinnamon. Keep folding the eggs until cooked through.
2. Drizzle scramble with nut butter, maple flakes and fresh fruit. Enjoy!