Strawberry season is in full swing (at least here in Montreal) and I knew I had to highlight this delicious fruit in the best way possible. The strawberries are so sweet and flavourful this time of year, I can’t wait to make jams, smoothies and more of this cake! I always give tips and tricks on my Instagram story (you can follow by clicking the icon above!) and this weeks was about buying seasonal fruits and freezing them yourself for smoothies, baked goods etc.. throughout the off season. This is a much cheaper option and you get to support local farms.
This cake is super moist and crumbly- and perfectly sweet from the strawberries and coconut sugar. The flours are simple oat and almond making it a delicious breakfast option. Serve alone or with whipped coconut or your favourite dairy free yogurt. Hope you love it!
• 1 cup chopped strawberries (quartered), + extra for sprinkling over top
• 1 1/3 cup gluten free oat flour
• 1/2 cup almond flour or meal
• 1/3 cup gluten free oats (+ extra for sprinkling)
• 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 cup coconut sugar
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 2 eggs
• 2/3 cup + 2 tbsp almond milk
• 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. Scatter strawberries evenly in the loaf pan.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the oat flour, almond flour, oats, salt, baking powder, coconut sugar and cinnamon.
4. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the vanilla extract, eggs, almond milk and coconut oil.
5. Add wet ingredients all at once into the dry. Mix until well combined and pour into loaf pan.
6. Bake for 40 minutes or until top is golden. *If you are using a toothpick to check doneness, remember the strawberries will remain wet, so try and find a spot thats strawberry free to check the cake itself!
7. Allow to cool completely before cutting! I like to store mine in the refrigerator.