I love this banana bread not only because it is SO EASY to make but also because it is grain-free. With ingredients like eggs, almond flour and coconut flour, it is packed with healthy fats and lots of protein. Feel free to make it without the center filling and add chocolate chips or even blueberries!
Grain Free Cinnamon Bun Banana Loaf
- 3 very ripe medium bananas mashed, about 1 cup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or olive oil melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup can omit if bananas are very ripe
- 3 room temperature eggs or sub flax eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 8.5 x 4.5 loaf pan with parchment paper.2. In a large bowl mash bananas well with a fork, then whisk in coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla. Whisk until combined. 3. To the same bowl add coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined.4. In a small bowl mix the coconut sugar and cinnamon.5. Pour only half of the batter in your prepared loaf pan and spread it out evenly. Pour the coconut sugar/cinnamon mixture evenly to cover the batter.Then pour remaining batter on top of the cinnamon mixture. Spread evenly with spatula.6. Bake for 40-45 minutes or a toothpick comes out clean.Allow to cool completely before slicing.