Unless you’re having fruit or a hard-boiled egg, there are very few options for a comforting breakfast that can be made the night before. Overnight oats are easy to make and require no cooking whatsoever. It is the best feeling to sleep in those extra 7 minutes knowing that my breakfast is already prepared for me. Best part is, you can make it in a container or a jar and take it on the go. The following recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan and has no added sugar. This is how I normally like to eat my overnight oats but the possibilities are endless. Many people add greek yogurt to give extra creaminess. I also love topping my overnight oats with my quinoa granola for added crunch! This recipe is so easy and delicious! Bon appétit!
• 1/3 cup gluten free oats
• 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
• 1/2 tsp stevia or sweetener of choice (maple syrup, date syrup, honey)
• 1 tsp chia seeds
• 1 tsp hemp seeds
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/2 cup mixed berries (strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, blackberry)
• 1 tbsp almond butter
• pinch of sea salt
1. In a bowl or jar, stir oats, almond milk, stevia, chia, hemp, cinnamon and salt
2. Place mixture in fridge overnight or at least for two hours
3. Remove from fridge and top with berries, almond butter and quinoa granola!