With the remake of my green goddess pasta I figured it was time to also update the pictures, in addition to the recipe. Without the cheese on top of the pizza, its important to put really flavourful ingredients. The mix of both the tomato sauce and the dairy free pesto makes you completely forget about the salty cheese. At the end of the day, it’s important to remember this is made from cauliflower and won’t be completely reminiscent of the dominos you’re used to. However, this grain free pizza is light and refreshing and has been liked by every single person I have ever served it too! Remember you can add any toppings you like; I’ve added a fried egg and hot sauce for brunch and it’s incredible!
Pizza Base Ingredients:
• 1 head of cauliflower
• 3 eggs
• 1 cup almond flour (or meal)
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• salt and pepper to taste
Pizza Toppings Ingredients:
• 4-5 tbsp tomato sauce
• 4-5 tbsp vegan pesto (recipe here)
• roasted sweet potato
• pine nuts
• fresh basil
• mushrooms cooked in 1 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper
• good quality extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a pizza pan with parchment and grease well with olive oil. Using a box grater or food processor, grate the cauliflower until it looks like rice. Using a cheese cloth or strainer, squeeze as much water as possible out of the cauliflower. Add to a bowl with eggs, almond flour (meal_, garlic, oregano,salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
2. Press the dough into the pan leaving it thicker towards the edges for a crust. The bigger your pan, the thinner the dough will be. Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until evenly golden brown.
3. When pizza is golden, remove from the oven and spread dollops of the pesto and tomato sauce evenly over the crust. Swirl together using a spoon then sprinkle with desired toppings. If you are adding cheese, put back into the oven to melt for 5-7 minutes. Top with fresh basil and extra virgin olive oil to serve.
Leave a Reply