Fall is finally here! Well… sorta. It is still quite warm here in Montreal and I am getting impatient as I long for warm sweaters and comfort foods. This recipe is a great ease into the new season as it uses seasonal fruits spiced with fall classics. Growing up my mom always made baked apples for dessert. As I was creating a menu for a client this week, I realized how easily this traditional dessert could be a great fall breakfast. My favourite honey crisp apples are in season and I love incorporating them into all of my recipes. So with only 3 ingredients, you can have the best refined sugar free apples you’ve ever had. This recipe is for 9 apples so if you want to make less just cut the recipe in half. I will note that these stay amazing in your fridge all week for a super easy grab and go breakfast. With the added granola, they remind me of a apple crumble. Hope you love it. Don’t forget to share your versions of my recipes on Instagram or Facebook!
• 8-9 honeycrisp apples (or any baking apple)
• 1/4 cup maple syrup (I like dark amber)
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• avocado/olive oil spray OR melted coconut oil or ghee
• boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Wash and core your apples and place them in a baking dish. Lightly spray or coat your apples with oil.
3. In a small bowl, mix your cinnamon and maple syrup. Using a brush, coat your apples with the mixture making sure to get on the inside of the apple. Fill your baking dish with boiling water about 1/4 of the way up the apples (about a 1/2 inch).
4. Bake for 45 minutes or until tender. Serve with goddess granola or your granola of your choice and coconut yogurt.