I am so grateful to have my own home office thanks to an amazing man who so generously gave it to me. One problem I seem to face often is a lack of space on my desk. School books, materials for my students and recipe development notebooks have completely taken up all the space on my desk. Finding an empty space to jot down a note has become next to impossible. So as I promised to myself in my previous post, I plan to make organization a priority and have a life with less clutter, which includes my desk! All I really needed was a few pretty inexpensive baskets or crates to store the bulky items. A basket with a cover is a great idea if you have a few eyesores that you rather keep hidden. What’s best is that because the baskets look beautiful, you can still keep them next to your desk so you have easy access at any time.
A small desk leaves room for only a small snack, so in light of this small office remodel I have made a perfect treat that is portioned, yet full of protein. With no added sugar thanks to Truvia Calorie-Free Sweetener, this mini loaf is a great grab and go breakfast that will you keep feeling satisfied until lunch. The best part about the recipe? You make the entire thing in your blender. Yup I said it. No mixing bowls, mixers, spatulas etc… Talk about saving space! I also love that with Truvia Calorie-Free Sweetener, there is no need to make a mess measuring sugar, you just rip open a packet and you’re done. This makes the baking process a lot easier and most importantly remains delicious.
Ps. For free samples of Truvia Calorie-Free Sweetener head to Truvia.com/Canada/products/free_sample
• 1 ripe banana
• 1/3 cup almond milk (or your favorite non-dairy beverage)
• 2 eggs
• 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
• 1/3 cup chocolate protein powder (I use garden of life raw protein powder)
• 1 cup gluten free oats
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 4 packets Truvia Calorie-Free Sweetener
• 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
• 1 tsp baking soda
• ¼ tsp salt
• 1/2 cup chopped pecans (for sprinkling)
• 1/4 cup 70% chocolate chips (for sprinkling)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 6 mini loaf pans and place on a baking tray. (If you don’t have mini loaf pans, you can do this in muffin tins as well)
2. In a high-speed blender add the banana, almond milk, eggs, coconut oil, protein powder, oats, vanilla, Truvia Calorie-Free Sweetener, baking powder, and baking soda. Blend until thoroughly combined. Make sure to scrape the sides of the blender.
3. Pour batter evenly amongst the loaf pans (about 1/3 of the way up) and bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
4. Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days.