Happy Holidays everyone!
This will be my last recipe post for 2017, and it will certainly end off the year on a sweet note! This recipe was a personal request from you via Instagram poll, and I worked hard to get it right. I really wanted a ‘ball’ or ‘bite’ recipe that required no food processor. I find there are so many moments when I want something quick and sweet but don’t feel like busting out all the machinery. These come together in less than 5 minutes in 1 bowl and require only 7 ingredients with no bake time. This recipe will be added to my ‘go-to’ list, and the best part is they are vegan, gluten free, and refined sugar free. Wishing you and yours a happy and healthy holiday and I can’t wait to see share another year with you all. Thank you for your continued support!
Makes 10-12 balls
• 3 tbsp coconut butter, melted * can be subbed with coconut oil
• 1 tbsp vanilla
• 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (I like a darker variety!)
• 1.5 cups almond meal/flour
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1 tbsp coconut flour (or you can sub for more almond flour)
• 3 tbsp 70% chocolate chips (or more!)
1. In a large bowl, melt coconut butter (over stove top, or microwave), and whisk until smooth.
2. To the same bowl, add vanilla and maple syrup, then whisk until combined.
3. To the bowl add almond meal, salt, and coconut flour. Mix until smooth. The batter should resemble a real cookie dough. If you find it too wet to roll into balls, add 1/2 tbsp of coconut flour at a time, until desired consistency is achieved. Alternatively, you could add more almond flour until dough is formed.
4. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Using a small cookie scoop or tbsp measure, scoop mixture and form into balls.
6. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for one week or in the freezer for one month!