I always tell my clients that the key to loving your salad is having an incredible dressing. Store bought dressings are packed with sugar, unhealthy oils and lots of preservatives. Let’s be honest- they also don’t taste great. My go to quick and easy dressing at home is always a mixture of balsamic, dijon, honey and olive oil but it is fun to change it up from time to time.
One of the best ways to add loads of flavour to any dish is to utilize fresh herbs! I love using fresh herbs in all of my meals, and I ALWAYS have leftovers. What better way to use them then to throw them into a blender to make a delicious fresh dressing that is perfect for salads, pasta and even fish.
Be warned, this dressing is literally drinkable. It pairs really well with a salad filled with fresh seasonal vegetables, roasted sweet potatoes, toasted almonds and a hard boiled egg. What’s great is you can use pretty much any herbs of your liking.
Makes 1 cup
• leaves of 2 sprigs of tarragon (about 1 tbsp)
• 1/4 cup packed fresh basil
• 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley
• 1/4 cup packed fresh dill
• 6 green onions (white part only)
• 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
• 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
• the juice of half a lemon
• 1 tsp dijon mustard
• 1 tsp honey
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Add all ingredients from tarragon to salt and pepper to a high powered blender or food processor and blend until combined.
2. While the blender is running, slowly add the olive oil to emulsify the dressing.
3.Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 7 days.
I came in contact your site in Instagram, I was searching for no preservative salad dressings. Very nice article, especially as you mentioned finding “drinkable” dressing. A lot of people looking for no additive, no sugar salad dressings. It is not easy to find chemical free dressings. I also prepare salad dressings and sauces without artificial additives, my brother has a restaurant in Ottawa to promote these. I shall join to your blog to have more information.
Thank you, Karnik
jen udashkin says
Awesome! Hope you enjoy it!
Ooooh this looks so tasty! I love homemade dressings. I’ll have to give this a try! Thanks for sharing!
jen udashkin says
hope you love it!