With American Thanksgiving around the corner, I know many of you are looking for some EASY last minute recipes. Well I don’t think there is anything easier than not having to bake. These healthy bites are a great addition to your dessert table to have a festive offering for celiacs, vegans or those trying to eat healthier. If you don’t serve them at your table, they’ll be a great snack when you are detoxing from the super heavy meals without leaving you in total withdrawal! Happy Thanksgiving to all, I hope you love these!
• 1 1/2 cups gluten free oat flour (if you’re celiac)
• 1/2 cup almond flour
• 3 tbsp coconut sugar + 2 tbsp for topping
• 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice + 1/2 tsp for topping
• pinch of salt
• 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
• 3/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
• 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
• 1/4 cup dairy free milk or water
• 3 tbsp 70% chocolate chips (dairy free)
1. Sift oat flour, almond flour, 3 tbsp coconut sugar, 1 tsp pumpkin spice and salt in a bowl.
2. In another small bowl, whisk coconut oil, pumpkin puree, maple syrup and dairy free milk until smooth.
3. Add wet ingredients into dry, and stir until combined. If your batter is too wet to form into balls, add more almond flour until you achieve desired consistency. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the remaining 2 tbsp coconut sugar and 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice.
5. Roll batter into bite sized balls, and coat in sugar coating by rolling in the sugar mixture. Store in an airtight container in the fridge!