I am relaunching one of my most popular and favourited recipes. The taste is the same but I have simplified the process to eliminate any machinery and give you more flexibility with ingredients. With this recipe, it’s never been easier to make bread. Most importantly, you won’t find a healthier alternative anywhere. Packed with healthy fats, whole grains, and protein this bread is satisfying, nutritious, and beyond delicious. If you haven’t tried this recipe, now is the time!
• 2 cups nut flour (you can buy store bought, or make your own by pulsing nuts in food processor)
• 1 cup buckwheat or gluten free oat flour
• 1/2 cup hemp hearts
• 1/4 cup chia or flax seeds
• 1/4 cup sesame seeds
• 5 tbsp psyllium husk
• pinch of pink salt
• 1 tbsp honey or brown rice syrup
• 2 cups cold water
• Topping options: pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, everything bagel spice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and grease with coconut or olive oil.
2. In a large bowl add nut flour, buckwheat flour, hemp hearts, chia seeds, sesame seeds, psyllium husk, salt and honey. Whisk until combined.
3. Add 2 cups of cold filtered water and mix until combined. Allow to sit for a few minutes until a firm dough forms.
4. Press mixture into loaf pan and sprinkle desired toppings. Press the toppings lightly into loaf so they don’t fall off.
5. Bake for 65-75 minutes or until the top is golden and crisp. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
6. Once cooled, slice at your desired thickness. The bread will keep fresh for a few days, but I like to freeze it right away. All you need to do is place a small piece of parchment between each piece (to avoid the pieces from sticking together) and store in a freezer bag. Alternatively, you could lay out each piece of bread on a cookie sheet and freeze. Once each piece is frozen, you could add them to a freezer safe container or bag. You’ll have bread for months (if it lasts that long).