These super easy almond oat squares are the perfect breakfast or snack solution for you and your baby. The base is simple, and allows for you to flavour to your palette. Add blueberries for a fruity kick, or add shredded zucchini and carrots for some added veggie goodness. Packed with healthy fats, protein, and fiber, these taste good, and are good for you too!
Almond Oat Squares are a great option if you are exploring baby led weaning, as breakfast options can be hard! A lot of breakfasts need a spoon (think yogurt and a bowl of oatmeal), which can be a bit of a mess and struggle if you’re doing baby led weaning. My 1 year old twins are independent eaters and absolutely do not want to be spoon fed. I rather give them these bites for breakfast and coat them in yogurt so they can feed themselves and be in full control.
If you happen to be making them for yourself, feel free to add 1/4 cup of maple syrup for added sweetness. You can also pour some on top if you and your baby want to share. The best part of this recipe is the ease, 1 bowl, dump into a prepared baking dish, slice and serve. As always, this recipe is free of gluten, dairy, and refined sugars.
Almond Oat Squares
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup apple sauce or any puréed fruit
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment, or grease with desired oil.
- Add eggs, apple sauce, olive oil, and vanilla to a medium size mixing bowl.
- To the same bowl, whisk in almond flour, oat flour, cinnamon and baking soda. Option to add in some shredded vegetables like carrots or zucchini. I like to also add some blueberries and a few tbsp of hemp seeds for added nutrition!
- Dump batter into prepared baking dish, bake for 30 minutes or until center is set. Slice and serve! Store in refrigerator in an airtight container for 5-7 days. Option to freeze.