If you love the taste of chocolate chip banana bread, and the crunch of granola then these clusters are for you! Although Goddess Granola, will be my one true granola love, these crunchy clusters come in at a close second. Perfect on top of coconut yogurt, chia pudding- or straight from the jar… these babies are the perfect pick me up when fuel is running low. These have the perfect amount of natural sweetness from overripe bananas and lots of fiber from buckwheat and oats! As always these are gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. They are also vegan! Mornings just got a little easier…
• 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
• 1 cup buckwheat (I used sprouted, or you can use more oats!)
• 1 cup walnuts (roughly chopped)
• 1/4 cup coconut sugar
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 1 tbsp cinnamon
• 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
• 1/3 cup maple syup
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 1 ripe banana mashed
• 1/4 cup 70% chocolate chips or cacao nibs
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mash banana with a fork in a small bowl.
2. In a large bowl combine oats, buckwheat, walnuts, coconut sugar, sea salt and cinnamon.
3. In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt coconut oil and whisk in maple syrup, mashed banana and vanilla. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and mix until combined and well coated.
4. Spread the mixture evenly onto your baking sheet and bake for 25-35 minutes or until golden. Do not mixture during baking to keep clustered! Allow to cool and then break granola up into palm sized clusters. Add chocolate chips and stir. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.