If you’ve been following along on Instagram you know I have been working on making this recipe even easier and more delicious. With only one bowl, it has never been easier to make a healthy grab and go breakfast that highlights seasonal produce. These muffins are packed with oats, chunks of apples and crunchy pieces of walnuts providing making them rich in fibre and nutrients. As always these muffins are gluten, dairy, and refined sugar free.
• 1 cup applesauce or apple butter
• 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
• 1/4 cup light flavoured olive oil, coconut oil, or avocado oil
• 2 eggs (flax eggs will work too)
• 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, (any non dairy milk will work)
• 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 1.5 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 cup coconut sugar + extra for sprinkling
• 2 tsp cinnamon + extra for sprinkling
• good pinch of salt
• 1 3/4 cup gluten free oat flour
• 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
• 1/3 cup walnuts (optional)
• 1 apple cored, peeled, and diced
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Line muffin tins with parchment and grease with coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl whisk applesauce, maple syrup, oil, eggs, almond milk, vanilla, apple cider vinegar, baking soda and baking powder until well combined.
3. Add coconut sugar, cinnamon, salt, oat flour, and oats. Whisk until well combined and no lumps remain. Stir in walnuts and apples.
4. Pour batter evenly into muffin liners (about 2/3 of the way up). Using your fingers, sprinkle the tops with coconut sugar and cinnamon.
5. Bake for about 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool and enjoy! *I like to freeze the batch so I have a great breakfast ready whenever I don’t have time in the morning.